Event agenda and registration found here for the Wisconsin Center for Nursing Conference.
January 27, 2020
CONTACT: Barbara Nichols,
PhD(h), MS, RN, FAAN
WCN Executive Director
2020 Year of the Nurse and Midwife
MILWAUKEE, WI – The Wisconsin Center for Nursing (WCN) is pleased to announce that the World Health Organization (WHO) has named 2020 the Year of the Nurse and Midwife.
Many nursing organizations are helping WHO, including the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), International Council of Nurses (ICN), and United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), in this year-long celebration. Currently nurses and midwives make up slightly more than half of the global health workforce.
WCN is excited to join in the celebration, which acknowledges the 200th anniversary of Florence Nightingale, who founded the modern nursing profession. The celebration champions the impactful work that nurses do worldwide. WCN remains steadfast in its commitment to provide independent, evidence-based data about the Wisconsin nursing workforce and health. Throughout 2020, WCN will thoughtfully and purposefully highlight examples of our impact, while we thank volunteers, sponsors, and staff who make our work possible.
As we celebrate nursing’s legacy, WCN will also examine the critical challenges of the future and reaffirm our commitment to serve the citizens of Wisconsin for decades to come.
Wisconsin Center for Nursing, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization that was created in 2006 to engage nursing and healthcare organizations, public and private academic programs, government agencies, and related service providers to work together as collaborative partners in an effort to ensure an adequate, competent, and diverse nursing workforce for the people of Wisconsin.
WCN IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE OFFICERS AND BOARD MEMBERS FOR 2021
WCN BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND ELECTED OFFICERS FOR 2021:
• VICE PRESIDENT: LINDA YOUNG, PHD, RN, FAAN – DEAN, COLLEGE OF NURSING AND HEALTH
SCIENCE, UW-EAU CLAIRE. RE-ELECTED TO THIRD TERM AS VICE PRESIDENT.
• GLORIA HAWKINS, PHD, RETIRED, ASSISTANT VICE PROVOST AND DIRECTOR MERCILE J. LEE
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM, UW-MADISON.
• RUDY JACKSON, SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF NURSE EXECUTIVE, U.W. HEALTH MADISON.
• LEA ACORD, PHD, RN, RETIRED DEAN AND PROFESSOR MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF
NURSING, RACINE, WI.
• RICK ROETH, LABOR REPRESENTATIVE, TEAMSTERS UNION LOCAL 695, MADISON, WI.
• JOHN SAUER, BS, PRESIDENT AND CEO LEADING AGE WISCONSIN, MADISON, WI. RE-ELECTED TO
A THIRD TERM.
BOARD OFFICERS AND MEMBERS WHO CONTINUE TO SERVE THEIR TERMS ARE:
• PRESIDENT, THOMAS VEESER, MS, RN, CHIEF NURSING OFFICER AND VICE PRESIDENT QUALITY
HOLY FAMILY MEDICINE, MANITOWOC, WI.
• SECRETARY, KRISTINE MOSES, MSN, RN, SPECIALIST, UW HEALTH AMBULATORY OPERATIONS, MADISON, WI.
• TREASURER, KARINA BROWN, BSN, RN, BC, NURSE EDUCATOR, AURORA SINAI MEDICAL CENTER, MILWAUKEE, WI.
• JAMES BUMBY, PHD, RN, ASSISTANT CLINICAL PROFESSOR, UW-MILWAUKEE, COLLEGE OF
NURSING, MILWAUKEE, WI.
• ERIKA COLON, BSN, RN, MEMBER, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HISPANIC NURSES, GREATER
• AMY HERMES, MSN, RN, CNO/VP PATIENT SERVICES, STOUGHTON HOSPITAL, STOUGHTON, WI
• QIYAN MU, PHD, RN, NURSE SCIENTIST CLEMENT J. ZABLOCHI VA MEDICAL CENTER, MILWAUKEE, WI.
• JULIE OLSON, DNP, MS, RN, CQIA, SENIOR DIRECTOR POPULATIONS HEALTH AND PRODUCT
DEVELOPMENT, NAVITUS HEALTH SOLUTIONS, MADISON, WI.
• MARY ROLLOFF, PHD, RN, DEAN OF NURSING BELLIN COLLEGE, GREENBAY, WI. MARLENE ROBERTS, MSN, RN, DEAN OF THE SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES, NORTH CENTRAL TECHNICAL
COLLEGE, WAUSAU, WI.
• JOANN SHAW, LPN, RIVERS BEND HEALTH SERVICES, MANITOWOC, WI. PEGGY (MARGARET ANN) WEBER, MSN, RN, RETIRED SSM, MADISON, WI.
• JUDY ROBSON, MSN, RN, RETIRED WISCONSIN SENATOR, BELOIT, WI.
• JOSIE VEAL, PHD, RN, APNP – COVID, PUBLIC HEALTH ADVISOR AND MANAGER, PROGRAM
ACCREDITATION, MILWAUKEE AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE, SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES, MILWAUKEE, WI.
THE WISCONSIN CENTER IS PLEASE TO BE GUIDED BY A BOARD COMPOSED OF ACCOMPLISHED LEADERS
FROM A BROAD ARRAY OF PROFESSIONS.
Wisconsin Association of Licensed Practical Nurses